i

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A cold winter morning!

The alarm goes off. I look at the time – 7:00 AM. I know it is time to get up but I decide another 5 minutes of sleep wouldn’t be that detrimental. So I return back to the place where I left. I’m holding her hands tight and we are walking in the side walks covered with snow. Each and everytime her legs slip in the snow, I hold her harder. The warmth of her palms assauges the pain caused by the snow. Slyly, inside my heart, I pray for her legs to slither. She looks into my eyes mischeviously everytime she stumbles. We walk across the road side park. All the trees look stark naked without a single leaf. White patches of snow hang here and there in the barren branches of the trees. We see a wooden bench half covered with snow. I look at her and she cannot hide her smile. We walk towards the bench. Thud! Ohh, “what was that ?”. I open my eyes only to see my messed up bedroom. No signs of the wooden bench and no trace of her. Gosh, another dream!

I look at the clock and oh! my God – It is 8.20 AM.

My roommate who was sleeping in the other room had woken up suddenly and had run to the bathroom, ending up with the thud. I had to be at the office at 8:00 AM. What shall I do? I ran to the bathroom, did everything for the formality sake, pulled on my sweat shirt, tying my shoe laces with one hand, I snatched my jacket from the coat hanger and dashed off in the snow towards the office. What a royal messup?!!

I know, I’m just not the only one suffering from over sleeping. It is hard to generate the will power to getup from the bed when we are cozyly snuggling inside the warmth of a comforter on a snowy, winter morning! My guilty feeling left me when one of my co-workers told me that she faced similar problems in the mornings. It is always soothing to have an accomplice!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

Everyonein a cold place are having this problem now:)..here in pune temeperature is falling everyday and so is my determination to get up early..
Your friend's 'thud' made me laugh out loud but i hope he's fine:)

9:45 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Ha ha ha! I sympathise with you. Since its quite cool in the night cos of the rain, its a punsihment to get out of the bed and stand under the shower. I just dont like leaving the warmth of my bed. Hope your friend is fine, remninded me of my fall actually. :)

Dreaming huh?? :D

11:11 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

"I know, I’m just not the only one suffering from over sleeping. "

of course not...definitely not the only one. hehehe...the "oh my gosh! its 8:20" is a regular affair for me..

5:28 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Shikha - The temperature is directly proportional to the determination to getup..eh? :) My friend is fine!

@Ramblings - Yea, dreams are all over when you are in deep slumber :) I guess my friend's fall wasn't as bad as yours :) He is fine now..

@Nothings aplenty - I'm glad, I have quite a number of accomplices..hehe :)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home