i

Friday, December 16, 2005

Cornucopia of Joy

Life has given me so many great days to cherish. Yesterday and today are a couple of them. I was feeling a little dejected few days back. Hypengyophobia (Fear of responsibilities) induced by geroscophobia (Fear of growing old) could be the ratiocination of my pensiveness. And today is the D- Day, actually my B-Day, the day that was responsible for the eruption of the above listed phobias! But yesterday (my B’day in India) and today (my B’day in the States) have been so good that all my bugaboos have been wiped off from the face of earth!

The joyous moments in chronological order,

1. My mom and dad called me up first at 11:45 PM yesterday to wish me!
2. Then my sweet sister called me up to convey her wishes!
3. My friends here had arranged for a party at 12:00 AM midnight!
4. After the cake cutting part, came the most joyous moment of the day. One of my friends had been to India in October on his vacation. My sister had given him a package and had asked him to give that to me as a surprise on my B’day party. I never knew about this and when he handed it over to me yesterday, I was so much elated that I cannot explain my feelings here in words! It had a beautiful Van Heusen shirt and a Levis jean. My favourite brands in my favourite colors! Whoa, my sister is very adorable!
5. The B’day card that my friends gave me was very cute and sweet!
6. At 12:30 AM, my best friends A and J called up to wish me!
7. While I was on the line with them, one of my other great friend R was trying in vain to reach me and had left me a voice mail wish in frustration!
8. Today morning at 6:30 AM, S called up to wish me and wake me up!
9. As soon as I entered my office at 8.45 AM, A called up and unfortunately the signal was so weak that I could not speak to him properly :(
10. When I opened my mail box, I was shocked to see it flooded with wishes from my collegues in the US and India.
11. Out of the umpteen mails, the mail from D is very special because it has been close to a year now since I spoke to her. She was (and still is!) one of my best friends at college!
12. We have great plans for the evening, dinner at a good restaurant and may be a movie, if time and weather permit!

These are exactly the reasons why I love B’days!! I’m very thankful to God for making my days filled with joy and happiness.

6 Comments:

Blogger My Ramblings... said...

"But yesterday (my B’day in India) and today (my B’day in the States)"
Happy Happy Birthday!Belated and otherwise!
Glad to know you are having a wonderful time. It feels real good when your near and dear ones call you. Have fun birthday boy. :D

10:12 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Thanks a lot Rambling Maa'm!!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

like Ramblings, me too...
"But yesterday (my B’day in India) and today (my B’day in the States)"

happy happy birthday, and many happy returns of the day. :) enjoy yourself.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Thanks a ton Nothings Aplenty!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I wisjed you happy bday in advance and heres wishing you belated bday:)
I cant wait for my bday:)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Thanks for the wishes Shikha..Ohh, let us know your B'Day and we shall be anxious about it too :)

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home