i

Friday, December 02, 2005

If all men are gems..!

I was on a client call today. There were 4 ladies on this conference call. One of them was supposed to make the presentation. As she was giving the talk, a huge noise started off from her side of the phone and none of us were able to hear what she was saying. We interrupted her and informed that her voice was not audible because of the clamor. She was very apologetic and said that the hubbub was because of her husband who was cleaning their house with a vaccum cleaner. She held us for a moment and came back. The grating was gone. The best part of it was that her husband came in on the line and profusely apologised for the inconvenience that he had caused. I seriously doubt how many men would be magnanimous enough to help their wives in the house hold activities while they(the wives) are working. And, more importantly I dont know how plausible it would be to assume that these men would admit openly that they help their wives. I can assure that there are not so many of them around and for sure, this guy is a gem! Hmmm..I'm just wondering if all men(including myself) are like this, how would the women folk rejoice!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

It is nice feeling for all of us to have somebody supportive. somebody who can help in times of need. If wives have been doing it for ages, why can't husbands begin now?
BTW, things are changing in India too :D

11:39 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

That man is really a gem:P

11:44 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Who is this guy?? Put him onto me asap! :)

2:18 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Rita - You are right. There is nothing wrong in husbands sharing such things with their wives! But I dont know if is Ok for a girl to have such an expectation from her hubby while she enters marrige. 'Coz not all men are like this..You need to be very careful while you choose your man :)

@Shika - Yea, he really is. He took me by surprise the moment he came on the phone. God, I doubt, if I can do that :)

@AFJ - The couple seem to be enjoying good companionship..I dont want to introdue a problem(YOU :)) in to their lives and make them subjects in my next post for a different reason :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Well ther are a few men out there who help their wives. My dad is one of them. :)

And there are a few of my cousins and uncles who do help their wives. It's nice to see men help their wives, gives you a nice feeling. :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Ramblings - I read about your dad in a previous post of yours' and from what I see here, he should be a great man :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home