i

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Car Skiing :)

Yesterday, the snow was very heavy. The roads were covered with snow - ankle high. They appeared to be covered by clean white impeccable blankets and looked perfectly as skiing tracks. The traffic was very slow and was moving at snail's pace. We were feeling bored because there was not nothing much to do indoors. So we decided to brave the snow. The car that I drive here is a sedan and it is not equipped with a 4X4 drive. It is certainly not the type meant to be driven on such snowy conditions. But we decided to go for it for thrill sake. The moment I pulled the car outside the garage, I could feel the wheels slipping. Gosh, I knew it was not going to be good. But my friends insisted that we should drive atleast 5 Miles in such conditions. The reason they gave me was funny - snow assessment! The moment I came out of the apartment complex and hit the road, I felt that the wheels were slipping so much, that there was no traction with the road. We drove at 25 MPH (my lowest speed on those roads till date!) slipping and skidding. It was more like skiing than driving. Somehow, we managed to come home. Everybody was silent for the first few minutes because we were dumbstruck by the adventure and the numbness caused by the snow! In all, it was fun ! yay!! I dint tell this to my mom, I know she would be very much worried. And hey, you guys don't tell this to her too..:) Ok?
PS: The car in the pic is not mine :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

Try two wheeler next time:)..but dont forget your helmet and all other stuff!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

That seems like an interesting hobby! :-)

11:51 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Be happy your mom does not know or you will be in trouble...big time. Try some other pass time if you are bored.
Thank your lucky stars u got back.

2:14 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Shikha - I sure would love to drive a bike but here driving a 2 wheeler costs a fortune:) The insurances are way too high and getting a 2 wheeler license is also pretty hard. And I dont have the money to buy a Harley Davidson :)

@Jay - True..this is very interesting and thrilling (not like bungee jumping though!) :)

@My Ramblings - Yea, you are correct ramblings. I should not be this audacious. Probably should look out for newer hobbies, atleast resume my readings :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey, this is really dangerous! Any need for such adventures?
Take care :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Rita - Yea, I know it was dangerous..I would not be so audacious again..And thanks, I would take care :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Listen, pls be careful! As my mom says, accidents happen only once!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@AFJ - I would be careful AFJ. I'm sure, I would not be doing this again!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home