i

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Couple of Calls and a Couple of Days

Ohh true! A couple of calls and a couple of days would be enough to remind me that time is elapsing quickly. Yesterday I made 2 phone calls and the gist of the conversations follows.

Call #1 - To my friend:

Me: Hey man, no calls for a long time?

He: Sorry bro, I was held up with something important.

Me: You kidding? What could be those important stuff?

He: (Blushing) You know what? I’m getting married!! (I could see all his teeth over the phone!)

Me: Hey, are you teasing? Come on lets get serious!

He: No Naveen, I’m serious, my parents had seen this girl for me and were just waiting for me to get back to India. And now since I’m back, yesterday, we went to the girl’s house, had some talk and the marriage is fixed to be held on June 8th.

Me: God! Whats the hurry man?

He: I’m not a kid as you are! I’m 27 now and I feel this is the right time to marry!

Me: Dude, I’m no kid. Ok? I’m 24 riding on 25!

He: Oops, I can never imagine you to be 24! (I could hear him chuckling!) By the way, when are you planning to come back to India?

Me: (Oops, Am I getting old too!!??) mmm..? I don’t know as of now! But I sure would like to attend your marriage. But lets see!

He: …
Me: …

(We chatted about few other things before I held up, but before that he had insinuated that I was getting old!)

Call #2 - To my Sis:

Me: Hey S, how are you?

She: Hey Naveen, I’m fine and what stopped you from calling me all this long?

Me: mmm…(should frame something ASAP!!)..work..yeah, I had lots of work!

She: Ok..whatever..I have lots of work too..appraisals are around the corner and I’m expecting a promotion this year..

(My sister is 2 years younger to me and she works for a big MNC in India. She joined the company last year. Whenever I think of her, I see her as a small kid and now when she told me this, I was surprised to see how 1 year had passed so swiftly!)

Me: Well, Good ..best of luck!
She: …
Me: …


In a couple of days:

Well, its time for me to change something in my profile. Not the pic this time but my age! Yay! I’ll be 25 in 2 days! I feel happy and sad at the same time. I’m happy because for me a birthday means lots of gifts and parties!! But on the other hand, I’m unhappy because I’m getting old. I’m sure my fun-filled, care-free life would soon be turning up in to a responsibility loaded one!

Can’t time wait for some more time?


8 Comments:

Blogger My Ramblings... said...

All that talk about marriage made you feel old huh? Nahhh, do not get into that mind frame. My friend did the same "we are not getting younger.." line on me when she got engaged.
25 is young anyway, it is not the age but the mind frame. You think young you remain young. :)
Make sure you have a blast on your birthday. :D

8:57 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Hey..you are as old as you feel:)...anyway have fun till the responsibilties come calling..and happy bday in advance:)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

25 isn't old! It's quater of a century young!

2:52 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey, at 25 you are young. What makes you think you are growing old?
Have a blast on your B'day! :D

3:05 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Ramblings - "You think young you remain young" - I liked this! I sure would have a blast on my budday!

@Shikha - Yea, responsibilities are catching up with me! Thanks for the wishes!

@AFJ - Thts a very optimistic thought :)

@Rita - Its my inherent fear of taking up the responsibilities makes me feel so :(..and thanks for the wishes!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

25 is good man! 25 is still time to be freaking out. in out house 25 still qualifies you to eat with the 'kids' at family gatherings so :D 25 is still kid. be having fun!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

uhmm...it was "our house" and not "out house" *sheepish look*

9:41 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

@Nothings Aplenty - Thats very soothing to know that Im still a kid :)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home