i

Sunday, January 14, 2007

House Arrest!

Currently the temperature outside is -13C. It seems like there are virtually prison bars around in the form of piercing cold winds. Since the day I came back from vacation, I'm confined to my house and it is as if I'm placed under house arrest.

People here are busy with ice fishing. They make small tents over the frozen lake, pierce a hole and wait for a fish with their fishing rods. I think they are mad, instead of lazing before the TV with a packet of chips, they are freezing their asses off. Totally insensible! But if you ask them, they would probably call me a loser for not enjoying one of the most interesting winter sports. Who cares?!

The only noteworthy thing that I did today was to go to the Church.
And yes, I came across something that yet again proved the world to be very very small. How does it feel if you come to know that a friend you had thought was from the northern part of the country to be actually from the southern part, and that too just 60 km away from your native? Wow! I was excited and thrilled! Hope that person had the same feeling too!!
And with this, the weekend is coming to an end. Back to the drills tomorrow. There are meetings all through the day, GOK how I'm going to handle them!!
~Naveen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home