i

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Guru!

I used to feel like a fish out of water, living in a world where everyone except me seemed to have a thing in common. LOVE. I was experiencing suffocation. It was not that I was against love or something but when people started discussing about their affairs, I felt as if I was estranged. One of my co-workers is trying hard to head back home and get married with her boy friend. Day in, day out, she would keep on talking about this; A roommate of mine is always busy over the phone working hard not to let go of his girl friend by flying kisses over the cable; while the other two are engrossed day and night discussing what would be the best way to let their parents know about their love affairs.

Amidst all these hullabaloos, I was sitting like a perfect monk, impassive and mouth shut, making sure that I didn’t mouth any smart comments. Whenever somebody started this topic, I would go in to hibernation. My physical presence used to cover up the fact that I was mentally absent. But it didn’t need a genius to know that I was not interested in the conversations. I was becoming silent and silent and suddenly I even started talking to myself to ascertain the fact that I was not a mute.

But of late, I have started enjoying the show. You won’t believe me, if I say that I’ve become an adept counselor in this niche area. The hardest part in this role is keeping your laughter concealed behind your lips. Believe me, there is a huge risk of getting killed in this job. For instance, when a lover boy comes to you and seeks your advice on what he should present his girl friend to make her happy, the instantaneous thing that would come to my mind is – a good boy friend. If I spit these words, my chances of survival would tend down to minus infinity. But then, there is no fun in doing things that are risk-free. Right?

This part time job is very lucrative in terms of its entertainment value and the high level of visibility that you get out of it.

PS: Parts of the above said are fictitious and were meant only for the writer’s self-entertainment!

11 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

It sure is fun in the beginning,listenng to the love stories,etc..but after some time it feels like we are listening to another language:))

8:47 PM  
Blogger Harini Subramani said...

hey!!kind f busy man!will post sometime..mite take a month though!how's life treating u?

1:31 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Actually its all cool till they dont fight and once they do...god save you...!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Shikha - I become deaf after a threshold :)

$ Harini - Good to see ya back :) Life goes on for me, no big ups or downs :)

$ My Ramblings - I dont do counselling for such cases :) ha ha

6:33 PM  
Blogger Laks said...

hmmm.... wonder how u'd react when/if ur bitten by the love bug :P

8:27 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Lol!! That is too much!
BTW, is your part time job generating any revenue? ;)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Lakshana - Well, as far as it does not happen, I can enjoy this :), but i dunno how i'll react after that :)

$ Rita - Oops no, this is a non-profit job..all that matters here are my friends' happiness and mine :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Khushi said...

LOL =))
keep watching, never know when will you be a love smitten soul ;-)

5:01 AM  
Blogger None... said...

Hmmmm.its like watching re-runs of the sitcoms.........nice and funny the first couple of times....Incredibly boring there after!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Khushi - Love and me ? never not atleast in the near future!!

$ Neema! - I'm not bored still..its pretty much interesting as of now :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Sona - Oops! anyways, have it as my advance wishes :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home