i

Friday, March 10, 2006

Some things, some places and some people…

..are fresh in our memories, etched deep in our hearts. I’m trying to give shape to one such incident. I know I could never bring all those subtle feelings on paper. Let me give it a shot though.

Place: St. Thomas Mount, Chennai
Time: 4 years back
Actors: Ms. X and Me

Prologue:
I’ve already written about Ms. X somewhere in my previous posts. But anyways, here is a quick intro. She was one of the thickest friends I had in college. One day, as usual, she had screwed up her DSP exam and came out crying out of the exam hall. Being a good friend, I knew exactly how to handle such things. We went to St. Thomas Mt; sat there watching planes land and take off, enjoying a chocobar. Neither of us spoke. I knew she was too engrossed in her exam. I never start a conversation under such circumstances. She broke the spell.

She: I’m sorry to have brought you here with your exams tomorrow. But I needed someone to talk to. I would go insane crying if I were alone. You know that, don’t you?

Me: Its ok. And you very well know that I don’t read at the last minute. I enjoy going out during exams. Hey!

She: I know that. But don’t blame me, if you didn’t get good grades. You always do that.

Me: Hey! Come on. Don’t you start an argument now? Okay?

She: Do you mean to say that I initiate a fight always? I should never have come here. I thought you would be bored and that’s the reason I agreed to come with you. Now, you are spoiling my mood.

Me: *Eyes wide open* you came here for me???

She: Of course! Would I have come here if it were not you?

Me: God! I came here for you and it was not the other way. Ok, whatever lets go back to the hostel. I’m in no mood now.

She: *childish look* I’m sorry. This is all because of my stupid exam. Lets stay here for some more time. It’s so pleasant and serene here.

Me: See, you always say something stupid and then plead guilty. I have to forget everything and become normal right at that moment. I’m fed up with this.

She: Hey! You have to bear with this only for one more month. College is getting over and I would be gone. *laughs*

Me: *shocked but managed to keep my face impassive*

(Silence prevailed for 5 minutes)

She: Would you miss me and all these silly fracas and reconciliations?

Me: No way, I would be relieved of all these, yay!!

She: *(looked in to my eyes and stared for a moment. I felt as she was thinking “Something deep down inside me says that you would feel bad about this one day”)*

Present:
It is so true, even after 4 years, I still miss her and our silly fights. I’m somewhere in NA and she is happily married and lives in a beautiful country in Europe. Mouth sometimes utters words without consulting the heart.





9 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

i miss someone too..its sad,but life must go on..some words must be spoken..

9:51 PM  
Blogger Laks said...

we all miss college once we'r out of it...
"And you very well know that I don’t read at the last minute"-- Mr. Padips throughout the year?? :P

ps- can i add ur link?

4:10 AM  
Blogger None... said...

You are so right.we've all been through that....GOD, how I wish I could just travel back in time and get those days back!!!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Shikha - Its sad but if you look at it, someone would have taken that spot..so, life seems to go on seamlessly!

$ Ricky - I think you must write about your college days man!

$ Lakshana - Mr. Padips - If someone had said that at college, I would've gone mad. I prefer to be called Mr. Pisth -- Yay!! :) But now, all those things seem very funny!

$ Neema - Hmm..me too..i wish I had a time machine :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Lakshana - Of Course, you could link me!

12:10 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Happens...we say a lot of things...things we dont mean...but then those words come back to haunt you...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Touching! Naveen, I hope she reads this and understands how much you miss her :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Ramblings - Yea..some uttered words do haunt us..!

$ Rita - Hope she does :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Sona - Hmm, I dont know why you wouldn't be fond of the college day memories..! I feel sorry for what happened with your friend. I hope, she would forget whatever happened and reconcile with you and everything would be fine as the old times!!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home