i

Monday, March 13, 2006

Twists and turns..

…Whims and vagaries, be it whatever in these lines, nature would be the perfect example to illustrate such phrases. Living in a country where there are four, clearly demarcated seasons, spring, summer, fall and winter, it is really amazing to experience the sudden changes in the weather. When everybody thought that winter had come to an end, nature had different plans. The whole of last week was pleasant in the 10’s and we were planning happily for the next week, camping? Hiking? Driving? And what not? But in a matter of minutes, all over plans came to the ground.

It was breezy, warm and in the high 10’s till 7’o clock in the evening yesterday. And then it all started one by one. Rain showers, sleets, snow flurries and then came the snowstorm, whoosh from nowhere. It snowed all through the night and hasn’t ceased yet, resulting in the accrual of 10 inches of snow on the roads and side walks.

Today morning, on the way to office, my car didn’t bother to be maneuvered, it took its own course. I steer left it veers to the right. After a few dexterous ice-skating moves on the road, I managed to reach office. I’m still looking through the window, hoping that the weather would become better. I see some light through the blinds. Now, that’s a good sign.

There’s one more thing to be done that has started haunting me now, scraping the ice out of my car. Poor thing, I have left it to suffer in an open parking. Hell, I guess, I have to scrap the faceplates first to identify mine or else I would have cleared up someone else’s free of cost. Well, I can never dream of doing all these things once I’m back in India. So, though these activities suck, a pang of ecstasy rushes out from somewhere inside my heart.
Photo - 1 - View from my patio

Photo - 2 - My drive way

9 Comments:

Blogger Nabeel said...

mannn did it snow or what .. dangg .. nice pictures

7:15 PM  
Blogger Laks said...

man! ur jus lucky u even get to witness snow!! *sigh*

9:38 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

awww...:D
But your driveway looks real nice...
Have fun cleaning up ur car ;)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Vidya said...

snow looks so nice in pics!!!!

12:05 AM  
Blogger None... said...

I was refusing to drink coffee or tea the entire day today..its so warm here in Coimbatore....and look at you...:-))

7:53 AM  
Blogger Khushi said...

Hey,
beautiful pics :)

4:09 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Nabeel - Yea, it did snow and welcome here!

$ Lakshana - Lucky?? may be the first time not any more :(

$ Ramblings - Fun? eh?? Yea, my drive way was pretty after the snow.

$ Vidya - It is even prettier in actuality :)

$ Sona - Actually snow could not be a reason for jealousy, it is annoying and it becomes a good reason for sympathy :)

$ Neema! - I know, kovai weather is very good and pleasant :)

$ Khushi - Thnks!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Brr..all i can see is white:)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

$ Shikha - Yep, thats snow :)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home